Unprecedented times deserve unprecedented service
We have now re-opened!
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Ashorne Hill and see new strategies brought to life and people start their learning journey at our perfect meeting spot once again. We want to assure you we’ve created an environment that’s very safe for you to return to.
Naturally, we have had to make a few changes and we’d really appreciate it if you could follow the advice we have outlined below. Despite these slight changes, there is one thing that hasn’t changed; we continue to put guest satisfaction at the heart of everything we do.
Our excellent, flexible and approachable service that you have come to know (and that has won us a recent award or two), has not changed, in fact we have put more focus and more effort into delivering unprecedented service to ensure your meeting or training exceeds its objectives.
Before you arrive
Please don’t travel:
- If you’re experiencing any of the Covid-19 symptoms (a persistent, unusual and dry cough, a high temperature or a loss of taste and smell).
- If you are self-isolating or are in quarantine after visiting a foreign country not on the safe list.
- If the area you come from is on a local lockdown.
Face masks are mandatory in public areas
Follow the one-way system where applicable
Pick your spot and stay there for the duration
Use our hand sanitising points
Please pay by contactless
Bring your own water bottle
Track and trace
We need to collect your details for test and trace purposes. We only keep these for a month but it would help us greatly if you could provide your details to your organiser before you arrive. It will speed up your arrival too.
When you arrive
Please allow enough time before your event starts to register at reception when you arrive and confirm you have read our COVID-19 declaration. We may take random temperature checks.
Afterwards, make your way to your designated meeting room following any one-way system and please try to keep at least 2 metres away from other guests.
In your meeting room:
- Your meeting organiser will decide whether face masks are to be worn during your meeting.
- Stationery will not be provided unless agreed with your organiser in advance.
- Bottled water is available on request but it might be more convenient to bring your own water bottle.
- Pick your spot and stick to it for the whole meeting.
Breaks and meals
You’ve come to expect great food and drink at Ashorne Hill and that hasn’t changed. For breaks you will be able to use the free-flowing tea and coffee machines, please follow the signs to access. There’s plenty of space to keep socially distanced yet have that all important networking opportunity with your fellow delegates.
For all mealtimes, you’ll get to enjoy great table service in the restaurant. All meetings will have allocated times agreed with your organiser and we’ll bring your meal to you with a smile. We’ll take your lunch order when you arrive to ensure a smooth operation over lunch. Of course, you can take a look at our online menus here.
If you are staying overnight with us, there’s just a couple of things to get up to speed on:
- If we’re busy, your registration card will be brought to your meeting room to complete and we’ll let you know whether your key card will be collected by your meeting host or at reception.
- Sorry, no charges to your bedroom, please pay as you go, contactless is best.
- All bedrooms will undergo a more thorough clean and will be sealed with a spot as we finish so that you know no-one has entered your bedroom since it was cleaned.
- We may have removed some non-essential items but have replaced these with a comfort pack containing a small hand sanitising gel, a packet of tissues and a disposable mug and your refreshments.
- You can enjoy your evening meal from the comfort of our restaurant. The bar will be open in the evening too for table service only.
- Breakfast can be enjoyed in the restaurant. Breakfast bags can also be ordered to go, just let us know the night before if you’d like a breakfast bag.
We’ve got 35 acres of grounds to enjoy at your leisure (or for a spot of team building) which are perfect for socially distanced exercise too. Whilst our gym facilities and sauna might be closed at the moment, the grounds are the perfect place to unwind and our track is already marked out for a 2k, 5k and 10k run. Time to start a couch to 5k programme perhaps? We may have to limit guests on the croquet lawn but the tennis courts are open, please just bring your own equipment to use the courts.
Remember if you’re in a spot of bother trying to arrange your next meeting or training, our team are now on hand to take your enquiries and help you plan.